
Back by popular demand, we had our first "family night" in a long time (too long! how does that happen?) Jenna grinned from ear to ear at the prospect of family night and decided that we would "play people" for the first part of the night. The four of us played and Daddy made a zipline.
Then Mommy remembered that she was supposed to check on her grandmother and she owed her a visit. After getting full approval from the Director of Family night, pajamas were put on, popcorn essentials were loaded, and we were off to Grandma's to watch a movie. Jenna chose Space Buddies (I was inwardly groaning, but it was a great choice...lots of laughs!). Great Grandma downed her popcorn and didn't look at the T.V. once. She preferred to watch and smile at her grandchildren.

*note: this was a little bittersweet for me. On the way to Grandma and Grandpas, I told the girls all about when I used to spend the night with my grandparents. Grandma used to pop me and Grandpa popcorn (and darn if she didn't dig out the same tupperware bowl for the girls she used to give to me!) and give me coke in my special little golden-colored glass. They'd both be in their pajamas--Grandpa in a soft cotton button-up with matching pants, and Grandma in her nightgown. They would both smell so good from showering at night, and they would be so happy to have me there. Grandpa would have his lamp on, simultaneously reading, talking, laughing and watching T.V. I miss him so much!! I miss her too..the way she used to be. But, so grateful for her now (our love for each other is exactly the same) and that I can feel them both with me at all times. Also, so, so happy that my daughters are spending time with my Grandma, while experiencing such a precious piece of my childhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment