Friday, August 5, 2011

Mama Love

IMG_1378[1]


Dear Caroline,
I took this picture after you scooted underneath me on the pallet we were lying on in a field full of hay bales. We were counting (at least I was) and Jenna was hiding. Later, as the three of us were exploring on the four- wheeler, I felt you behind me gently playing with my hair. “Mama," you said suddenly, "you are beautiful.” I don't think anyone has ever said it to me quite like that. It made me feel, well, beautiful. That night, you laid next to me resisting sleep as you are wont to do. You grabbed my hand and firmly whispered, “Put your arm around me.” I did and you scooted your back up next to me, relaxed, and fell asleep. I laid in bed thinking about how you never let me leave for a run or bike ride without at least one, often two, "HUGS and KISSES!" Or how you often light up when I come back home, running to greet me with a huge smile and wrapping your little arms around me in a fierce hug.
Caroline, I adore you. And I cherish every single one of the moments and ways in which you show your love during this precious stage.
This picture is one of my very favorites of the two of us,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment