Nearly everyday, Jenna builds a small structure of some sort. She builds for her people, her Barbies, wondering fairies looking for a place to spend the night, and injured insects needing a soft bed and safe home. Building, building, on and off, sometimes for several hours, with blocks and bark, legos and fabric, flowers and leaves and cardboard boxes. Sometimes she plays only briefly with what she's built, declaring that her people need to move (and explaining to us that often the fun is in the construction itself). Sometimes her homes are played with for many days, scattered in all sorts of random places. Only when they have been abandoned for a string of days do we dare to take them apart (uh...or when we need the coffee table back or keep tripping over them :). Here are just a few I've caught on camera over the last couple of months:
Barbie Bed atop a closet:
A Fairy House in the works---she checked diligently for several days for signs of usage.
I think this one was a Lego pontoon boat, or maybe a submarine
A Cabin with a Loft
And then there are the mini-farms she creates with her red barn...
This is the latest one she's worked on...A House for the paper dolls which includes a chicken coop....
and an outhouse...
When she saw me working on this post, she said, "Daddy, are you thinking what I'm thinking? Will you please build a lego house with me?" So, they were off and I've listened to the tink of lego pieces as I finish my computer "work." :)
Sunday, September 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment