2. Found a box for Caroline's butterfly she tried to save yesterday. She wanted a box to bury her in.
3. Bryan woke a groggy, but smiling Jenna around 8:20 to say goodbye to her. Caroline buried her butterfly in the garden and then I gave her a big hug when I noticed her tears. I
4. I weeded around the sidewalk. Kids took apart the cornstalks they collected at Pop and Grandma Rita's last week. They were excited to find "baby corn."
5. Grapefruit and cereal w/frozen blueberries while I read the "Barn Book." (Actually a true, modern story about a New Zealand family.) We finished our library read aloud yesterday, so we always go digging for through the selection of owned and favorite books we've read before. We all love the barn book--it's just so sweet and family-centered.
6. I printed an intricate coloring sheet Jenna requested that looked like one Aunt Lori sent her in the mail. Kids colored. Printed our tooth chart for us to aim for two solid weeks of family morning and nighttime brushing without missing one brushing (reward: going skating together). Jenna taped them on the door for everybody.
7. Jenna let out the chickens/fed and watered them. Caroline fed the cats--inside! I picked up cat food to move to the deck. Caroline carried two unhappy cats out underneath their front two legs. I cleaned up kitchen while Caroline put up/played with and talked to/built with/smacked and talked about the silverware. When she finally finished, she cleaned the dining room table. We talked a lot during her clean-up.
8. Jenna colored. I helped Caroline practice her violin a couple of times. Caroline went outside to dig up her butterfly.
9. Jenna and I talked about her question of how bridges are built without collapsing. Both girls built a couple of designs. Jenna said she figured out how the columns underneath are dug into the ground and hold the pieces up. She then moved on to building this house:


10. Caroline asked me to keep building her bridge. She was so thrilled with the finished results. Jenna made a few suggestions and this was the final product, which Caroline described as "stable," and "like the real bridge."

11. Jenna said she wished she could see a real bridge being built. I looked up a couple of videos about bridges and the girls were enthralled with this one of bridge collapse simulations from the History Channel. Will see how freaked out they are next time we cross the bridge!!
12 Girls sorted a load of laundry.
*Re-heated leftovers. Made Caroline and I a salad.
13. I wrote three blog posts while the girls played.
14. Jenna asked me to make popsicles. The three of us worked together to make Strawberry Creamsicles. We all cleaned up kitchen
15. Girls switched out some more laundry. I folded and hung laundry. Girls put away all of their clothes.
16. I cleaned the bedroom, put up a load of towels, and did some general pick-up around house.
17. Made a month's worth of calendars for the girls to fill out.
18. Had girls do some cleaning up in the living room.
No comments:
Post a Comment