Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Giving Up Criticism

In the spirit of Lent, I am giving up criticism. Sadly....embarrassingly... I think this will be an eye-opening and challenging experience. I have tried giving it up before, but I seem to be an addict. But this is a real commitment posted on a blog for goodness sake! My integrity is totally at stake. In its place, if nothing else comes to mind, will be silence.


The following will serve as my daily reminders.........
*Buddhism for mothers
*Wearing this bracelet my mother gave me, or this simple ring my boyfriend, now husband bought from an antique shop.
*Dancing like crazy to the song Up in the Air, but is really all about Helping Yourself or Stuck in a Moment.

Oh and this criticism will include criticism of myself (also an addict).

Time enrichers--reading and reflecting, posting a few "accomplishments," exercising outside, playing or creating with the kids, getting up early in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment