
We spent the day Jenna-style. She chose the day's events.
A big breakfast to eat and a mama-made crown to wear....

presents included a vintage suitcase with key, a "Laura" book from Caroline, ribbon ponytail holders that I made, and a pair of flip-flops. She'd been asking for a pair for a couple of months now....
followed by a lazy and perfect swimming day at Lake Glendale with a few friends and chocolate cupcakes to snack on....

followed by a party of family at our Lake Glendale campsite....

concluded with tent fun. We all laid on a slowly leaking air mattress and read a chapter of
Little House in the Big Woods, laughing out loud at the Grandpa/pig-on-the-sled story. I told a "long Little Squirrel story" and then we all closed our eyes to go to sleep. This is the point when Caroline began coughing, and continued to the point until she gagged and vomited. Caroline and I decided to go home. I spent the night sitting up in the bed with Caroline propped against me in an attempt to minimize coughing. She finally fell soundly asleep around 2 am. Bryan and Jenna stayed the rest of the night in the tent, with Bryan's side of the air mattress fully deflated by 5am. :) They still had a wonderful time).
It was really a wonderful, wonderful day.

Jenna, you are such a joy to be around every single day. I can't believe I have been your mama for five years now. You are so awesome and precious.
No comments:
Post a Comment