Monday, June 28, 2010

Having Girls

I'm sure I will tell you both this someday anyway--I always imagined myself having boys. Boys would be "easier" (whatever that means--maybe less pressured by culture in terms of their looks? maybe a tad less dramatic or emotional?) I thought each of you was a boy early on in both of my pregnancies.

But girls I have!  And I am so, so, so thankful.

I never would have dreamed how awesome it would be to watch your sense of style evolve.  Jenna, you love accessories and clothes right now. You always pick out your own--I rarely give input because it isn't needed or wanted--and you almost always style your own hair. And sometimes we go out in public like this:

On this particular day, you got dressed to go visit Pop and Grandma Rita

Or how fun it would be for us to dance. Like all the time. Passionately, slowly, silly, super-fast, etc. etc. Um, Carnie, you love "your tutu," which is actually Jenna's tutu and you prefer not to wear anything else with it, not even underwear.

Or how cool it would be when my older daughter, after telling me how pretty I looked for a date with daddy, ran to my jewelry box to get me a great pair of earrings.

Or how awesome, awesome, awesome it is to hear uncontrollable giggling.

I did, however have a sense of how much fun it would be to watch you play with this:


Carnie: "Mama, you wanna play peoples with me? Sit down. Siiiitttt down." Or Jenna: "Pretend the mommy is having a baby at the hospital and the daddy doesn't know it yet."

Lucky me.

No comments:

Post a Comment