Dear Jenna,
You have developed a new love this fall: gymnastics. You practice your cartwheels in the grass or on the carpet (especially when you have an audience) on a daily basis and you have gone from not being able to do a cartwheel at all--to one of the best five-year-old cartwheels in your gymnastics class. When we leave, you want to know how many days there are until we go back.
It has become one of my favorite moments of the week--taking you to class. We hold hands until it's time for you to go in, and then I get to watch you from above. I feel so much love for you when I see you...so, so much tinier than everybody else, smiling and running, and just thrilled with all of the tumbling. (You also spend a lot of time pushing and teasing a thirteen-year-old boy there named Alex--or hitting or kicking him. That's pretty fun to watch too). You told me the other day you like it that just you and I go together; Caroline naps at pop and Gma Rita's. Me too, Jenna. Me too.
I love you,
Mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment