With Tucker making it into a few of my latest snapshots, I decided he deserved a post on our family blog. Tuckey is always in the background, always present, and while the kids have loved him from the day of their arrival in this house, they seem to appreciate him even more now that we have the unbelievably wild Ruby-monster living here (and he appreciates them more too...perhaps he realizes there is something much worse than little-kid-love!!).
The kids fill his dog dish, provide him with leftovers (like a bowl of spaghetti sauce...that would be Carnie), and answer the door whenever he barks to come in. This little guy, who is so grouchy and stand-offish with almost everybody, amazes us with his tolerant attitude toward the girls. When he finds himself caught as the object of their attention, he shakes just slightly, but waits patiently for the girls to finish their "petting" before he makes an escape.
And the other day, during his daily nap with Jenna, I caught him beside her instead of at the foot of the bed...
And then later...I spotted him actually enjoying it when Jenna petted him with one of the vacuum cleaner extensions.
Even stranger...I actually saw him sitting beside Carnie on the back sidewalk so that she could put her arm around him.
We love you Tucker.
No comments:
Post a Comment