Summarized in a blog post. Ha Ha.
I'm going to keep a collection of my favorite quotes about what the purpose of life is here, so that I can easily find it (instead of quotes spread randomly across five or six years worth of journal entries). :)
I dunno. I'd like to think I can come back and read these when I'm wondering, "Now what is the purpose again?"
From Donald Miller's A Million Miles in a Thousand Years
"If the point of life is the same as the point of a story, the point of
life is character transformation… If the character doesn’t change, the
story hasn’t happened yet."
The notion that one of the reasons we exist is to GROW, is both inspiring, comforting, and beautiful to me. The impatient, judging, perfectionist side of me needs to be realistic about change, recognizing it's a stack of dozens of small actions and behaviors, not an instant permanent shift. When change is internally driven (rather than imposed upon us through circumstance), it is very slow, requires dedication, and isn't linear.
Pastor Deem on the purpose of life, quite simply, "Relationships." . That's it. Love.
The primary changes I would like to see in myself over time primarily involve being better in all of my relationships.
Sunday, January 12, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment